Marketing is one particular area of business I’ve always been fascinated about. Probably because of the fact that I’ve been involved in sales and marketing my whole life but I always feel like I’m just getting started. There’s so much to learn and it’s always a pleasure to get expert advice on the matter whenever given the opportunity.
So, I’ve once again invited Wayne Mullins — founder and CEO of Ugly Mug Marketing, Wayne is the first ever three-time guest on Construction Genius. Great marketing is essential to your business success, and I’m delighted to have him back on the show to share his expertise with us.
Today, we talk about the A.I.D.A (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action) framework and break down why it’s still relevant today. Here are some of the points we discuss in this episode that you may want to ponder on:
• How the A.I.D.A. framework can fit with your marketing messages, and
• How the A.I.D.A. framework can influence the way you communicate with clients
Make sure to take down notes ‘cause there’s a lot of valuable takeaways from today’s episode!
• 0:00 Introduction
• 3:49 What is A.I.D.A and its importance in marketing strategies
• 5:07 Breaking down the acronym (A.I.D.A.)
• 6:28 Marketing vs Branding
• 7:40 The importance of branding in attracting and retaining customers
• 8:42 A for Attention
•• 8:59 Why is it difficult to get people’s attention?
•• 10:57 This is why you need to be clear about the type of customers you wish to serve
•• 11:59 Ineffective ways for businesses to seek attention
• 12:43 I for Interest
•• 13:05 What is the customer avatar?
•• 15:10 Tips in building your business’ own avatar
•• 15:51 What is a Magic Journal and how can it affect your marketing strategy?
• 19:14 D for Desire
•• 19:31 Why is desire vital to marketing?
•• 20:09 Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
•• 21:08 Examples of products/services and where they fall on the hierarchy
•• 26:24 Why the A.I.D.A. framework is still relevant today despite it coming from a hundred years ago
• 29:19 A for Action
•• 29:57 The three elements required for the Call-to-Action
• 32:32 The next step for construction company owners who would like to lay hold of the A.I.D.A. framework
About the Guest:
Wayne Mullins is a husband, father of four, founder, and author. Over the past twenty years, he has had the privilege of scaling multiple companies and has helped hundreds of entrepreneurs do the same with their companies.
His marketing agency, Ugly Mug Marketing, has won the praises of some of the leading influencers in the business world such as Neil Patel (Founder of Quicksprout), Chris Voss (author of Never Split the Difference), and Greg McKeown (Author of Essentialism and Effortless).
• Avatar Exercise Mentioned in Podcast: https://bit.ly/3CMjAa4
• Full Circle Marketing Book Web Page: https://www.yourfullcirclemarketing.com/
• Episode 118: How to Turn Your Company into a Marketing Machine (https://www.constructiongenius.com/podcast/how-to-turn-your-company-into-a-marketing-machine-ep-118/)
• Episode 137: The Natural Progression: Stranger – Friend – Client – Evangelist (https://www.constructiongenius.com/podcast/the-natural-progression-of-marketing/)
Books Mentioned in this Episode:
• Full Circle Marketing, Wayne Mullins (https://amzn.to/3o1Qsps)
Connect with Wayne Mullins:
• LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/fireyourself
• Website: www.uglymugmarketing.com
Do Your Project Executives Need to Become Better Leaders?
• Book a 10-minute call with Eric Anderton to see if/how he can help (https://10minutes.youcanbook.me/)
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to the Construction Genius: A Leadership Master-Class Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!