Marketing is how you get your ideal client to know you, like you, and trust you enough to do business with you.
In today’s episode, I welcome Allan Dib, an established marketer and entrepreneur with over twenty years of experience in the field. His marketing expertise has helped many companies build better marketing plans. He and I discuss the importance of knowing what your clients need, how understanding the “client journey” is vital to shaping your marketing message, why branding and design isn’t necessary to successful marketing, and much much more.
Listen to this episode and learn essential tips to strengthen your marketing strategy and attract your ideal clients.
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- What is marketing [02:00]
- Defining the ideal client [02:26]
- The principle of unequal dollar [04:30]
- Turning information into a message which attracts the right customers [06:14]
- General messages vs specific messages [06:36]
- Addressing what the client is looking for [07:15]
- How to emphasize the message to the target audience [08:09]
- Role of testing and effective marketing [08:50]
- Distinguishing marketing from sales [10:41]
- How marketing works in the construction industry [12:39]
- Results-oriented content marketing [13:16]
- Thinking ahead and looking at touch points [13:57]
- Biggest mistake people make with their marketing strategy [16:14]
- How to stand out from the crowd [17:35]
- Focus on a specialization [17:49]
- Become an educator and take on the leadership role [18:20]
- Engaging in content creation [18:55]
- Hiring a marketing coordinator [19:40]
- Setting metrics to measure growth or productivity [21:07]
- Action plans to kickstart your marketing [22:56]
About the Guest:
Allan Dib is an outstanding entrepreneur and marketer who specializes in providing marketing advice, strategies, and options for different businesses. Over the years, he has helped more than 250,000 businesses find the perfect marketing solution and plan suitable for their company. He has experience in email marketing, team building, and business consulting—all of which make him an excellent person to ask marketing questions to.
- Allan Dib Website (https://successwise.com/)
- You can reach Allan Dib through his email: ([email protected])
- Allan’s restaurant recommendation: Nirankar (https://nirankar.com.au/)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd by Allan Dib (https://www.amazon.com/1-Page-Marketing-Plan-Customers-Money/dp/1989025013/)
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to the Construction Genius: A Leadership Master-Class Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!