Charles Antis, Founder and CEO of Antis Roofing and Waterproofing and also “cheerleader for good,” joins us today as we talk about the importance of purpose and values in running a successful business. We dive into the unique beginnings of his company in 1989; how his passion for helping others drives his business, and how clarifying the Antis Roofing’s purpose and values have helped him create a company that is at the forefront of the conscious capitalism movement.
Charles serves on the board of directors of the National Roofing Contractors Association; is a member of The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress; and serves on the board of directors and advisory councils for several non-profit organizations including Habitat for Humanity Orange County and Ronald McDonald House Orange County.
In this episode we cover:
- The massive impact of clarifying values and purpose in his organization in both retaining employees and having an impact for good in the community.
- The positive effect of generosity in his personal life, business, and the lives of those who work for him.
- The results of focusing on clarifying, defining and living out his purpose for his company, services, profitability and business expenses; how he began to see this idea and, the steps he took to achieve this.
- The advantage of having a clarified purpose and a clear set of values and the challenges he went through implementing this in his company.
- The story of how the Superpower word and language started in his company.
- The result of having employees who are fulfilled with their jobs.
- Charles’ 3 tips for CEOs to lead in the most positive way possible – clarify your purpose, understand yourself, and take care of yourself.