For construction professionals, the whole purpose of bidding work is to win work. But what are the elements of a successful bid? Some say most decisions heavily depend on the lowest price at the end of the bidding process.
But today, Dave Wagner — Vice President of Product Marketing and partner development at STACK construction technologies enlightens us with how you can increase the likelihood of winning a project bid.
Other important factors we discuss are:
• Why companies lose the projects they bid,
• The key elements of a successful bid, and
• Areas a company can focus on to make bidding more efficient
With all the practical details we discuss today, you’ll be guaranteed to learn a lot. So stay tuned until the end for tons of golden nuggets we’ll be dropping along the discussion.
• 0:00 Introduction
• 2:13 Your initial assessment of projects is crucial to how your bidding will play out
• 5:03 Determining which client or project type is right for you
• 9:57 The 2 time factors in winning bids
• 11:41 The key elements of a successful bid
• 12:48 The 2 major components of a bid
• 16:22 David talks about their Takeoffs Analysis Software
• 19:45 The key elements of a presentation
• 20:28 Focusing on this area first produces better results in bidding
• 21:42 STACK’s 3 Primary Elements to an efficient process
About the Guest:
Dave Wagner is Vice President of Product Marketing and Partner Development at STACK Construction Technologies — the industry’s leading cloud-based pre construction platform for pre construction professionals. Dave has worked in the ConTech industry for nearly 20 years and has been with STACK since November 2020. STACK provides a centralized hub where plans, specs, and other construction documents can be stored, evaluated, measured, and shared. For more information, please visit stackct.com.
• Questions about launching a podcast? Please reach out to me through this link: www.constructiongenius.com/contact
• Restaurant Recommendation: Restaurant in Phoenix: Fox Restaurant Concepts: https://www.foxrcevents.com/
Connect with Dave Wagner/STACK:
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dave-wagner-5184914/
• Website: https://www.stackct.com/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/stackestimating
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StackEstimating
Do Your Project Executives Need to Become Better Leaders?
• Book a 10-minute call with Eric Anderton to see if/how he can help (https://10minutes.youcanbook.me/)
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to the Construction Genius: A Leadership Master-Class Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!